Fenugreek seeds have been found by laboratory tests to be very high in a number of nutrients, most notably fixed oils, which are comparable to the beneficial cod liver oil and other therapeutic oils that contain high amounts of vitamin A and choline.
The trigonelline in the seeds has been proven to have a hypoglycemic effect on rats, and has long been a favorite for anyone suffering from hypoglycemia and diabetes as well as fatigue.
Fenugreek also contains saponins and sapogenins, which are materials essential for the synthesis of steroid hormones and related drugs, giving it the same potential as wild yam has recently become popular for - as a natural estrogen replacement therapy. For this same reason, fenugreek has been used historically for a multitude of female complaints - from halting painful menses to promoting lactation in new mothers.
Fenugreek is also high in minerals and proteins, making it a valuable skin conditioner when the seeds are soaked and applied to the skin. The proteins in fenugreek are also high in lysine, tryptophan, fats, phosphorus and iron. For this reason, fenugreek is often used to combat anemia. The seeds also have a unique ability to bulk up when added to liquid so the tea is often drank unstrained as a remedy against constipation, urine retention and Candida albicanas.
According to many studies and research the decoction of Methi / Fenugreek seeds is highly beneficial for:
- Lower blood cholesterol and provide strength to the body systems, particularly the heart, lungs and digestive system.
- Sore throat, throat pain and Tonsillitis
- Relieves Breathlessness and the severity of cough. Useful in Asthma.The lukewarm decoction of Methi seeds if taken with honey is beneficial in cough.
- It also relieves the hyper acidity and stomach burning( peptic ulcer/dyspepsia)
- It relieves the complaints associated with hemorrhoids.
- The decoction or the fine powder of methi seeds is an established remedy for dandruff. It tones up the hair and the hair becomes silky and shiny.Also useful for treatment of Lichen.
- Fine powder of methi seeds mixed with honey-bee wax relieves chest pain if applied locally.
- In the cases of Nephritis, when diuresis becomes least, it is a good remedy to increase diuresis (increase urination).
- 5gm of methi seeds powder if taken with water is highly beneficial in dysentery and diarrhea.
- It is also a good appetizer.
- It also increases milk secretion when it is deficient.
Net Weight :4 OZ
Disclaimer :These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.